Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The cafe on the top of a waterfall!

I was visiting Dharamsala and a friend told me to go to Shiva Cafe which was near the Bhagsunag waterfalls. Initially when I reached the waterfalls I could see no cafes around so I called him. He told me to keep climbing up till the top of the waterfall. After a long walk when I finally reached the place where people were enjoying the waterfall I realized that Shiva Cafe was further up as a sign board showed. On the way quite a few people were returning not having found the cafe. Thanks to my friend's guidance we finally hiked for another kilometer through narrow paths before finally reaching the cafe.
The cafe was beautiful and exactly at the top of the waterfall. I was mesmerized to see the place. It had a calm to itself in those early hours of the morning. Inside the place had quaint lamps.
It also had paintings of Shiva, Buddha while a huge cloth poster of Bob Marley welcomed you in.
Unfortunately we were the first ones there and none of the non-vegetarian items had been prepared yet. I was so hungry after the trek that I could eat almost anything. So we started off with the vegetarian noodles. They were absolutely delicious. Even though I hardly eat vegetarian food I totally loved it.
Next we ordered the mashed potatoes with fried onions and fried mushrooms. I am a fan of mashed potatoes but I have never had such good mashed potato ever. The potato was mashed really well and mixed with cream, cheese, milk and butter which made it semi solid and it tasted rich. The combination of fried onions and mushrooms just enhanced their flavors.
The final item was pita bread with hummus. The bread was hot and straight out of the over. The hummus was finger licking good and we couldn't help but clean off our plates.
Overall: This place is a long hike up and you need to keep going up till you find it. The food was absoltely lovely as was the serenity of nature that you will be surrounded with.

Ambiance: 4.5/5

Food: 4.5/5

Service: 4/5

Price: Economical

No comments:

Post a Comment