Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The Best Chutneys in Town

Chutneys Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
I am a huge non-veg food fan. So much so that I hardly touch vegetarian stuff. So one Saturday evening when friends decided to go to Chutneys I was absolutely disappointed. But who can resist hunger? I had skipped lunch and could just about gobble up anything. So while I was going through their menu I really ended up liking their Babai Idli. This dish originated at the Babi Hotel at Vijaywada and Chutneys have a replica of the same. So once the dish came in there were only two idlis.
I was famished when I saw just two idlis on the plate and made up my mind that once this was over I would order again. The idlis had dollops of butter on them and were super soft. Now we come to the main part - their chutneys. They had 4 varieties of chutneys - the sweet coconut chutney, the tangy garlic chutney, the peanut chutney and the parippu chutney.
I absolutely loved the chutneys. So much so that I didn't touch the sambar. I haven't tasted such good chutneys anywhere else in the city. The sweet coconut chutney was my favorite. I absolutely love coconut from my childhood and hence no wonder I loved its chutney as well. The peanut chutney had a strong flavor of peanuts that again made it go absolutely well with the idlis. I am not much of a ginger fan and hence didnt like the tangy garlic chutney. Overall: This is an absolute must visit just for their chutneys. I ended up finishing the chutneys and going for second rounds and finishing them up too. I was too full with the chutneys and didn't have to order additional idlis.

Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 3/5
Food: 4.5/5
Price: Cheap

No comments:

Post a Comment