Sunday, July 30, 2017

Dinner at Royal China Pune

Royal China Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato I was staying at the Westin Pune and off course wanted to have dinner at the hotel itself since I was too lazy to step out. There were a couple of options but I decided to settle for Royal China as Chinese cuisine is one of my favorites. They had a buffet on and I tried to go ahead with it. Although some items were off the list but otherwise it is totally worth it.

I initially ordered Crispy Corn Szechuan Style. It was served in an edible little bowl. Since I had a lot on my plate I decided not to taste the bowl.





Post this I started ordering the non vegetarian dishes. I started off with the dimsums as they are one of my favorites. There is a separate menu for dimsums and I ordered the Chicken and Prawn Sui Mai Dumpling. It was melt in the mouth and really soft. 





Now I decided to go with the non veg starters and being a Bengali I love fish so I started off with the Fried prawns with burnt garlic. The prawns were really fresh and the burnt garlic added to the flavor. The burnt garlic was crispy and added more flavor to the prawns.



Post this I went ahead with ordering the Peking Duck. I only ordered half a portion as I was not sure if I would be able to complete the full portion. The Peking Duck was cooked to perfection with its crispy skin. The sauce was absolutely fabulous. It was served with the rice pancakes. The best way to have them is to spread out the pancake like a bread, spread the sauce, add cucumbers, spring onions and a part of the Peking duck. Then wrap up the entire thing into a roll and have a bite - it was one of the best dishes.



For the main course I ordered Prawns in XO Sauce as I wanted a spicy dish and that is what was suggested by the staff. You might say it was an overdose of prawns but for a prawn lover like me I absolutely loved it.




By then it was time for desserts and I started off with the Chilled Mango Pudding. I have to say that the desserts were not as delicious as the main course but then the presentation of the pudding was perfect.





I ended with Icecream and Litchi as that is one of my favorite combinations. Surprisingly the ice cream was vanilla ice cream and not litchi flavored. Although the litchis were yumm they were not blended into the ice cream and it felt like two different dishes.




Overall I would say this place is totally worth it for the starters and main course, but the desserts definitely need an improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment